HomePlanning

How do you prepare for a successful build?

Trying to design a computer cabinet - Messages in this topic - RSS

Myrna Loy
Myrna Loy

6/2/2020
Myrna Loy
Myrna Loy
I am trying to build a space-saving computer center. I was looking for something online to try to design something. I would also like 2"depth; doors on the back of the cabinet to store excess cables, adapters etc.. drawers can be pulled out on one side of the cabinet and the doors can be opened on another side of the cabinet. Would like to kick around ideas back and forth...

bolded measurements are the size of shelf/cubbyhole/drawer

starting off at the bottom super rough outline of a cabinet on wheels still sketching.

top of cabinet router

18 or 16 Wx22D 10" high - one shelf cubby - with doors

External portable @7 or 5 = 6.5HX 5DX3W - these can be turned into a stacked block - using reusable double-sided sticky tape that I used for the external DVDs.

External Drive 5 Terrabytes - 1.75Hx7D X 5W -can be on a separate mini shelf below or above
External Drives 10 Terrabytes - 7HX6D X 2W - can be next to - placed next to the above mini
External Dvd Drive - 3.25H X 5.5Dx 5.75W - this can be placed next to the 10 terabytes drive

this would give it an appx 15-17 width depth this can be two small doors.

One 12 port USB hub 1" HX9"Dx2.25" W

(hub count for this shelf - 2 drives are plugged into the router so not in the hub - 13 cords to 12 port hub - 1 power cord from hub to One 12 outlet Belkin surge protector and 1 cord from hub to the back of pc.)

Earbuds can be sneaked into this space as well and included on cord count.

18 or 16 Wx22D X 18H - need to map out the cord count and ethernet

cable modem - 2"Hx7.25"Dx7"W

thin client - 7"Hx7.5"Dx2"W

tower - 16.5"Hx16"DX7"W

KVM switch to using one keyboard, mouse, monitor

Belkin surge protector

1-inch space

18 or 16 Wx22D X 18H - monitor

or just used as a writing desk or storage at a later date.

mount swing arm for a monitor, swing-out for keyboard and mouse (this can be on a floating desk as well)or a heavy-duty drop-down door that can be used as a mini desk; then this section would need to be moved further down.

18 or 16 Wx22D X 7H - pen/pencil/junk drawer

1-inch space

18 or 16 Wx22D X 6H - Rollout Scanner Tray

Epson v600 Photo Scanner - 5HX 19.5DX11W

1-inch space

18 or 16 Wx22D X 8H - Canon Printer Tray

Canon Printer 6" Hx12"dx15"w - wireless

1 Power cord into Belkin surge protector

1-inch space

18 or 16 Wx22Dx12H

hanging file drawer

wheel casters
link
Myrna Loy
Myrna Loy

6/2/2020
Myrna Loy
Myrna Loy
I would like to use the spaces on the inside of the doors...this is an idea or elements ... swiped from pinterest
edited by myrnaloy on 6/2/2020
link