joseph169

all messages by user

10/15/2016
Topic:
How to Create Project Illustrations

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown
Alicia Noonan wrote:
I am new to carpentry. Does this software Sketch up help me to put my ideas on virtual paper?

Here is an article from wood magazine. The world's most accessible design software lets you plan your woodworking projects with confidence and realism.

Sketch Up is one of the world's most accessible software design packages. It helps you visualize a project, test dimensions and proportions, and gain confidence for the build. This article walks you through some of Sketch Up's basic features and then dives a little deeper to look at some of the ways the CAD program can be invaluable for woodworkers. If you would like to read the full article let me know. I have been using this cad program for about 2- years I love it and so easy to use, from my office to my shop is the way to go .
10/16/2016
Topic:

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown
How do you prepare for a successful build?
To prepare for a successful build you ask There are about 6 steps for a successful project. #1 you have a mental project it's in your mind,but how do you pull it out? if you have a computer go into your word program all projects start out buy planing and more planing #2 write down everything that comes to you NOTE TO SELF if you were to look at my computer you would think I am writing a book!
#3 Strat figure out the size will it work in the space you have planed for your project? #4 Estimate estimate X"3 know cost the start to finish then add extra. $5 The layout I don't know your art skills but I do have 30 years of wood working under my belt. you must have plan on paper. Let me tell you the best kept secret SKETCHUP before that there was Doodle you doodle look like a first grader drew it for you. LOL! and now there what they call CAD Sketchup so easy to use and so cool to see your project come alive!! And last #6 go spend $$$ off you go and in your shop now build and finish. what tools you need? how much tools do you need and space. I started with a drill skill saw framing square and 10 X 12 wash room. Enjoy and go out and build : )
edited by joseph169 on 10/16/2016
4/23/2017
Topic:

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown
Brett Hollenbeck wrote:
Does anyone know of a good app for creating plans that works on an iPad?
4/23/2017
Topic:

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown
Brett, to me the best way is too buy a SD Card that has an adapter (a mini SD card) then go on line where you can find many free wood working plans once you download from your computer insert the mini card to your iPad, our if you are talking about a program that will allow to to draw out plans to load on to your iPad, sketch up with that in
mind that too will as well.
4/24/2017
Topic:
Stained wood is still tacky?

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown
Jeff, Anytime you plan to stain or even painting your project, It's all about the temperature. Before you begin any project always (read the can lable)make sure your area is about 70 degrees
4/25/2017
Topic:

Joseph Brown
Joseph Brown
Scehup is.a good way start off