cherry wood worker

all messages by user

5/27/2017
Topic:
Simple Accessories for Straight Plywood Cuts

Jayson Williams
Jayson Williams
I have the Kreg Saw Guide. It is truly an awesome tool to have in the workshop. Some people don't like them, but I sure
like having one. It does come handy especially being a beginner in wood working.
5/27/2017
Topic:
Glue or No Glue?

Jayson Williams
Jayson Williams
If you are building something that your planning to keep for the long haul. I would definitely use wood glue. I have built 2 work benches so far. 1st one I did, I didn't use any form of glue. I use it for clamping stuff with my Kreg. I built an 8' work bench and I used glue. I planned on the bigger bench being around for 20 years. But that is just my opinion.
12/10/2017
Topic:
Glue or No Glue?

Jayson Williams
Jayson Williams
Bill XXXX wrote:
How permanent is the build?
Long term use? Glue and Screw it.
Temporary use? No glue.
12/10/2017
Topic:
Glue or No Glue?

Jayson Williams
Jayson Williams
I think it is a preference thing. Yes the Kreg is a great tool and so are the fasteners. If it was me, I would glue and screw just to make it stronger.
I am sure you have seen desk or dresser. Where the joints may not be as strong. Glue just makes it stronger.
1/14/2018
Topic:
Simple Accessories for Straight Plywood Cuts

Jayson Williams
Jayson Williams
Bill XXXX wrote:
Been needing to buy one for years but have not jumped on one. If I catch good a sale I might grab one.

Waiting on a good deal? You missed out Dec 2016 then, lol. I got mine and it came with Shelf Pin Jig. Couldn't pass up that deal.